Thursday, January 31, 2013

Welcome to Seguin, Friends


Karen stands by Seguin's pecan, a must for tourists.


When Karen Crumley came to Austin, Texas, to join the Eunah Temple Holden Leadership Fund Committee, we thought it would be an excellent opportunity for this New Yorker to see "small town" Texas.
     Following her orientation to the work of the committee, Karen drove with me for an hour on one of the most publicized roads in the nation...US130: with speed limits of 80 and 85 mph. Of we course chatted...lots. Karen was the chair of the 2012 International Convention in New York City. She and I had spent several years working together to gear up for the event and keep it rolling.
     My point? The Society provides us with interesting and new connections. Without DKG, Karen and I would not have met and enjoyed each other's company. We did not spend time in a deer blind or boot skootin' in a dance hall, but we did enjoy a local sandwich shop and several locally owned stores. A good time was had by all. I hope we do it again soon. Perhaps you can join me next time? I hope you have had the chance to enjoyed this kind of camaraderie in DKG.


Dr. Beverly Helms explains Eunah Temple
Holden's will and the creating of the ETH
Leadership Fund Committee to Karen.

No comments: