Monday, January 14, 2013

Comments can go viral

     When Lisa Myers, an English teacher in Texarkana, TX, wrote To America from a Teacher December 17, she had no idea it would "go viral." Her heartfelt reaction to events in Newtown, Connecticut, has touched thousands of readers. Go to this link to read her comments and her follow up:  http://lisamyers.org/author/junk5865/  I think it is worth reading, but then we are "the choir."
      Lisa and her husband, pastor of Highland Park Baptist Church, have one daughter who recently earned her MBA. Lisa is not a member of DKG. So many times I meet or hear about outstanding women and wonder how we "missed" inviting them to membership. Did they decline? Did we reach out to them at the busiest time in their lives and never ask again? Did we not bother to turn in names? Did we do their thinking for them and assume they didn't have time?  
    



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corlea,
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing my writing. I can’t describe the sense of validation and encouragement I’ve shared with teachers around the world as a result of posting a few words on my blog. Teachers truly are members of a unique and wonderful society. As far as your ponderings concerning DKG, I’ve never received an invitation. With best regards…
Lisa Myers