Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Like Janus-- Looking forward and back


With some quiet time during this winter holiday, I have had time to read some professional publications, write some notes and reflect on 2007. Of course, that also brings a look to 2008 and the future.
May your resolve (with or without New Year's Resolutions) for accomplishments in 2008 bear fruit. May your smiles outweigh your frowns. May your days fill with wonder and your nights offer rejuvenating sleep.
In Roman mythology, Janus, the god of beginnings and endings, lends his name to January. Usually portrayed by a head with faces front and back, he reminds us to review our past and look to the future. He is also the god of gates, doors and doorways, thus the caretaker of doors and halls became known as a janitor.
So I will clean off my desk as I perform a year-end evaluation...then clear my mind as I address the future. May your 2008 be all you wish!

No comments: